Tuesday, January 30, 2007

I am having a brown day today. Not brown like muddy, but comfy, soft brown. Toned down. I spent the morning at an art class with the boys and my mother. While we herded paint flinging little boys around the brightly colored and loud class room - I remembered how much I loved art class as a child. The smells of fresh tempera paint, old molding clay, warm crayons, and drying Elmer's glue brought me back to a much earlier day. I remembered how my little heart swelled with anticipation at what kind of thing I could create next and how proud I was of myself. The Lord has been gently prodding, reminding me that my dear little sons have the same hearts as I did, tender and dewy with innocence. What a heavy burden of responsibility and yet lightness of delight in being a mother to sons. I am relieved to know that it is the Lord that shapes and molds them - I am simply reminded to tread lightly, little hearts are looking to me to see God's face and feel His comfort and pleasure.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey you guys! Love the blogspot...

You're a terrific writer.. "tender and dewey".

Juan, Shirley, Ayanna and Ellah said...

hey guys! just checked out your blog! I was thinking the same thought as the previous comment - you are such a creative and artistic writer!!! :) We look forward to keeping up with your news and photos!

We love you and miss you lots!
love Juan, Shirley and Ayanna